Saturday, June 16, 2012

Want Some Whine With That?

Tony Harnell, former lead vocalist for the 80s band, TNT, posted on Facebook about how frustrating it is when you're a rock star and people don't cater to you and do exactly what you want them to.  He works so hard, and people should do as he wishes.  Unfortunately, I didn't copy it down, but that's basically what he was saying.  He said he was venting.

Years ago, I was a big fan, and wrote to him probably every week.  I was young and stupid, didn't think about how freaky it must be to have people send you letters as if they knew you personally.  I never attempted to meet him, but I did do one crazy thing:  I lived in the state in which he was born, and this was way back before we'd ever heard of stalkers, so I bought a copy of his birth certificate, so I could get the time of day he was born to do a natal astrology report.  OK, it's over the top, and you can't do that these days, laws have changed, but it was a way to connect with the singer I almost worshiped.  But after I got the information from it, I didn't need the birth certificate anymore, so I mailed it to him.  And he actually called me, which at the time I thought was the coolest thing ever, but later realized he probably called to make sure I wasn't a legitimate threat.  And I was pretty much over him by that time anyway.  I stopped writing to him shortly after. 

So back to my story...
Yesterday he posted and whined about how he's not treated right... blah blah blah, whine whine whine.  Most of the fan comments were like, "Oh you poor thing" and "I know you work so hard.  You deserve so much better."  I wrote that he shouldn't complain when there are people who work much harder than he does and will never have the success he's had.  I wrote a lot more, but that was my point. 

His fans all disagreed with me, but not too big a surprise, really, since it's his fan page.  A few postings later, I'd had it with his whining and "shared" what he said on my own Facebook page, for all my friends to read what a whiny...  he is... Although I didn't swear or anything. 

He didn't like that, I guess, so Big Man that he is, he removed the entire posting and posted this in its place:

"Sorry folks, had to delete that last post due to a rather unstable, disturbed person posting messages here who identified herself as someone I actually almost had to contact the authorities about some 20+ years ago. They've been banned for safety and security reasons. I will from now on have to be more careful about what and how I post. Such a shame as you have all come to know me as honest and real. I'll do my best, but this one freaked me out big time. Love, TH"
 
I like that, "banned for safety and security reasons".  Of course, not because I was speaking the truth. I'm actually highly amused at what a panty-waste he is.  How did I ever like him in the first place?  No wonder he's not more famous than he is.  How many of you reading this have ever HEARD of him?  Other than Shawn, who knows who everyone is.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment